Friday 25 June 2010

A Letter About Soup

Dear [CENSORED],

As a loyal consumer of [CENSORED] soup, I have always enjoyed the taste and choice provided by your range.

Today I bought a tin of [CENSORED] from my local [CENSORED] store. Minestrone has long been one of my favourite varieties, given your sagacious choice to use conchiglie-type pasta shells rather than the noodle-based approach adopted by many of your competitors. However, you can well imagine my disappointment when, after emptying the contents of the tin, I discovered the soup to be completely lacking in any pasta whatsoever.

The soup, sans pasta, was tasty enough, but I'm sure you'll agree that a bowl of minestrone soup without some quantum of pasta completely undermines the ideals and values intrinsic to minestrone tradition.

I felt I should bring this to your attention in the hope that my comments might prevent such mishaps from occurring in the future. I would like to wish you continued success with your excellent products and look forward to hearing your thoughts, if any, in regards to this puzzling debacle.

Yours,

Adam Ross

ps. I have photographic evidence of the soup in question if required.




UPDATE:
This letter resulted in £3 worth of vouchers.

No comments:

Post a Comment